Service and Support Administration (SSA) is a key responsibility of the Perry County Board of DD. The SSA helps individuals and their families develop a person centered Individual Service Plan (ISP), establish outcomes, discover and utilize service options and connect with community resources.
The role of a SSA includes, but not limited to the following:
- Serve as the primary point of coordination
- Using person centered planning to develop a plan that helps individuals chose services that identify outcomes that are important to and for the individual
- Linking individuals with services and qualified service providers that meet their needs
- Establish and maintain contact with all team members – individual, natural supports, and providers, etc….in order to ensure that desired outcomes in ISP are met
- Helping people become more connected to their communities
Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities has published an SSA Handbook that will provide detailed information on the role of an SSA.